First Kansas Bank History
First Kansas Bank is a family owned community bank that is locally managed. The John Sutherland family purchased First Kansas Bank in 1985 and expanded into Claflin in 1989, Great Bend in 1997 and Hays in 2014.
The Bank was initially chartered as the Barton County State Bank on August 16, 1900. The Bank changed its name to First National Bank of Hoisington and converted to a National charter on September 1, 1908. On November 3, 1977, the Bank changed its name to First Kansas Bank and converted to a State charter.